Monday, April 16, 2012

(OLD POST) Spring Break is Over

wrote on March 26, 2012


Sad to say that but my long 10 days of spring break is finally over. It feels like it went by so fast while traveling through Greece. I am happy to be back home (Rome) because I was tired of living out of my suit case everyday , it got old.

Anyways .. Let me tell you about the rest of my spring break that I already didn't mention on here ... After 2 days in Athens we left for Santorini. We had to catch a 8 hour ferry which felt like it took forever ! Of course we tried to keep ourselves occupied with a game of UNO. We we finally got to Santorini all I saw was mountains on top of mountains & a ton of white and blue beautiful buildings. Our hotel was a quick walk from where our buses let us off & was the best accommodation that we had on that trip. The shower was kind of small but it was better than the shower we had in Athens at the "easy access" hostel.
 Our first day we got there so late in the evening that all we got to do was eat and then we had to get dressed and go out. We ate at a small nice restaurant.. We only ate there because the man outside promoting the restaurant promised us a free glass of wine which was very good. After we ate we headed to a bar for happy hour called Murphy's. The DJ was very good, as well as the drinks.

Our next day in Santorini we took a bus tour around the city. We stopped at the black sand beach & the red sand beach. Both were phenomenal. We got to eat on the black sand beach at a very nice restaurant that our tour guide said in the summer it has at least a hour waiting time to be seated. We also went to a wine tasting place. The wine in Greece is very good, I like it better than Italian wine.

After our trips to the beaches and the winery it was about time to go see the sunset in Santorini. Me, Jenn , & Nathalie were tired so we decided to take a nap instead of going to see the sunset so we could be ready for the night.
That was pretty much our last full day in Santorini the next day we were heading back to Athens for a night then to back to Ancona, Italy .. Then finally back to Rome. Our ferry ride back to Italy was supposed to take 21 hour but it ended up taking us 26 hours. Then once we got back into Italy our bus wasn't there yet so we had to wait a extra 2 hours for our bus. We got back to Rome at 12 am and had to run for a bus to make sure we got home on time to get enough sleep for our class at 9 am.

Overall, my spring break was great. I got to see many different things that I probably wouldn't have saw if I didn't go on the Greece island hopping spring break trip with bus2alps. Now it's back to business & time to get my head back in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment